Have questions for us at Hillier Park? Feel free to contact us, or check the FAQ list below for our most commonly asked questions.

Who lives at Hillier Park?

There are over 450 people living at Hillier Park, the majority of whom are retired, however there are people who work.  Resident ages range from 50 up with most in their late 60’s or early 70’s.

Do I own my own home?

Yes, at Hillier Park you own your own home unlike most retirement villages where you only have a ‘licence to occupy’ your home.

Do I own the land on my site?

No.  Hillier Park is affordable because you own your own home and the park owns the land including your site.  You pay a weekly site fee that gives you the right to occupy your site and enjoy all Park facilities.

What does it cost to live at Hillier Park?

Site Fees for 2017/18 vary between $138-156/week depending upon site size and facilities. The Fees are paid in advance by direct debit from date of settlement.

What other costs are there?

Other than your own phone, electricity and gas bills, you only pay fortnightly site fees.  Council, water & sewer rates are all included in your site fees.  There are small fees if you have a van/boat/trailer to store, or wish to join the Garden club.

How much are the entry and exit fees?

Zero, Zilch, Nothing! THERE ARE NO ENTRY OR EXIT FEES AT HILLIER PARK.  Overall, the costs of living at Hillier Park make it a truly affordable living option.  Compare the costs and value of living here to a retirement village and we know you will be back.

I am on the Aged Pension, can I get Rent Assistance?

Residents on the Aged Pension may also be eligible for Rent Assistance depending upon your financial position.  Check with Centrelink or Veteran Affairs to find out what you will receive.  Rent Assistance reduces your sites fees.

Can I/we get a Council Rates rebate and/or energy concessions?

Most Residents are eligible for Council and Water Rate rebates and energy concessions of up to $750/year.  Apply with the Department for Communities 1800 307 758 or at www.sa.gov.au.  Search for “Residential Park resident concessions.”

What happens when I/we decide to purchase a home at Hillier Park?

Once you agree to purchase a home on Hillier Park, you sign a sale contract subject to being accepted as residents by Hillier Park management.  Contact the Park office within the “cooling off period” to arrange an appointment to ask questions and to sign the Residency Agreement.

What security of tenure is there at Hillier Park?

Hillier Park’s Residency Agreement is in accordance with the Residential Parks Act 2007.  This document prescribes rights and obligations governing both parties.

How do I know that Hillier Park will not be sold for re-development?

Gawler Council and the State Government have zoned Hillier Park as a “Residential Park” which ensures it must operate as a residential park and cannot be changed to tourist use.  The Park has applied to Gawler Council to add more sites, demonstrating it plans to be here for decades to come.

Which organisation runs Hillier Park?

Hillier Park is operated by Pandora Lifestyle Villages Pty Ltd (registered office at 140 Greenhill Road, Unley, SA 5061).

What happens if I/we decide to sell our home?

Your home belongs to you, so you may sell it on site and retain the full sale price, or use an agent.  The only requirement is that the purchaser is accepted as a resident for Hillier Park prior to the sale.  In rare instances, you may wish to remove your home from the Village. Check with Management for requirements should you choose this option.

 What happens to my home if I/we die?

You home is part of your estate.  You heirs may choose to sell the home, remove it (see above) or can apply to live in the home if they are eligible and accepted for residency by management.  The Estate is responsible for payment of site fees until settlement.

What Social activities can I join in?

Most people live in the Park to actively enjoy its lifestyle benefits, but you are free to join in social events or not.  See Village News for information about the huge range of Social Club events and recreational facilities.  These events are organised by an active volunteer social committee.

What social and recreational facilities are there?

  • Two beautiful swimming pools, one exclusively for residents and one permitting residents and family (when accompanied by residents).
  • Large Community Hall available for private function bookings (limited dates).
  • Recreation Hall featuring Billiard Room & well-equipped gym.
  • Active vegetable gardening club with plots (fee required).
  • Caravan/boat/trailer locked storage with undercover area available (fees required).
  • Small shop with papers, magazines, puzzle books, stamps, etc.

Can my family and grandchildren come and stay?

Yes, your family are most welcome to visit or stay for short periods, remembering you are responsible for their behavior while they are on the Park.  Stays for longer periods require management approval and fees may apply.

Can I/we have a pet?

Hillier Park has a no animals policy, however some of our residents do have birds and fish.

What security is there at Hillier Park?

A number of factors contribute to the safety and wellbeing of the Village.  The unique closeness of homes and resident vigilance is an excellent “community watch” process and doesn’t compromise your privacy.  This is complemented by the 24 hr emergency phone service.  The rural positioning and fenced perimeter of the property adds to its security.

Are there building or landscaping restrictions for the outside of my home?

Yes, Council and Park requirements for your home and site are listed in the Site Development Regulations available from the Office and are regularly updated.  Please read them carefully and ask questions prior to arrival or commencing any work to avoid disappointment or even financial embarrassment if your project is non-compliant.  Plans for external alteration and additions must be submitted in writing to the office.

Will my mail be delivered to Hillier Park?

Yes, every site has a mail box with matching number.  Mail is delivered in bulk and sorted into individual mail boxes.  Hillier Park is an Australia Post Community Postal Agency and sells stamps and small pre-paid packages.

What transport services are available?

Commercial mini bus & taxis service the Park.  Adelaide Metro buses pass within 300m of the Park entrance and the nearest train station is Tambelin, about 15 minutes walk away.

Which Shopping centres are nearby?

Hillier Park is 4km to Gawler which is well serviced with shops, supermarkets, medical facilities, hotels, cafes, library, TAFE etc.  Both Munno Para and Elizabeth Shopping Centres are about 15 minutes away.  The Barossa Valley is also just 20-30 minutes from Hillier Park.